I think I need to explain this quickly. I burned out on doing things with the unit when we were in Germany. I also had several hurtful things said to me by some other wives, so I tend to stay away. Another reason is the Army (and I am sure other branches are just as bad) is a very small community (think back to college and dorm life or the frat/sorority house) they thrive on gossip and drama.
Also I know it seems like I hate the Army. Not really, I am very proud of John and what he does. Sometimes I hate the policies and practices and on occasion I have an extreme dislike of certain people. I knew years ago I could never serve my country like this. I know I am lucky that my husband has a steady job and that he makes enough (that with a huge blessing after Ally was born) I am able to stay home and raise her. Something that wouldn't happen if he was not in the Army.
Anyone who knows me knows I am a firecracker and little bit of a...well lets just say witch. Regardless, I am proud to "serve" my country by taking care of John and the odd friend of his that I adopt. And with his progression in rank I know I will have to suck it up and start being social again. But as the Joker said in Batman..."wait till they get a load of me."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.