1. Buy blanket and ribbon binding
2. Take to a seamstress and drop off
3. Return when ready and pick up blanket
4. Go home, have a glass of wine and congratulate yourself on a handmade gift for a loved one.
This is what I should have done (all except the wine, I don't drink anymore). But no, I decided to do this myself. I bought this really pretty fleece no-sew blanket. I could have just cut and tied the blanket like you are supposed to. But oh no I decided to add on "hunter safety orange" ribbon binding.
I have had some folks exhibit some surprise that I can sew. When I mention a sewing project on facebook at least one person says "Oh wow Amy I didn't know you could sew!" I just want to say that I really can't, I can however use obscenities fluently and untangle thread jams.
I decided to make this blanket for my son since we are moving to The Great White North shortly. I'm sure my great grandmother would have said that the project was not nearly as complicated as I made it. I know also if she was here she would insist that I rip out the seams and start again because they are crooked and you can see where I had to patch/start over. But I think for my first attempt its not that bad. I have 2 more blankets to make as gifts and then I don't care if I ever attach ribbon binding again.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.