Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Parenthood

Not the movie or the show. I've just being a lot of thinking on parenting now that Ally has hit the toddler stage. How the roles of a parent change and the challenges there in.

Right now for me the hardest part of being a parent isn't worrying over her eating habits, her toilet habits, growth or development. In some ways Allison is like a cat. She tells me when she is hungry, tired, or wants to be held or just wants my attention. I do watch her like a hawk so she has learned that all she has to do is look toward me and I am ready for her. I do all I can to build her mind and she loves books and music and the VeggieTales. She gets uber-excited everyday when its "Daddy Time" that one hour a day when she sees and hears her daddy.

All of this seems easy to me, its a worry or concern that is always there so therefore it is not a burden or hardship. The hardest part of being a mom, to me, is simply this....Ally is a morning person and I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.