Friday, August 28, 2009

Vacation

Wow! My first vacation in almost 10 years. For those that know me you know what a huge ordeal this was. I hate to travel and I don't travel well. But after several weeks of talking with John and one very intense talk with my dad, I agreed to pack up and spend 5 days outside of my comfort zone. We went to Nashville, TN seemed like a good choice and John had family close by that we wanted to visit as we haven't seen them in almost 6 years.

We got early Saturday, drove to Atlanta and borrowed the in-laws van and let them play with Ally for a bit. Then we drove up to Nashville. I have to say I love Tennessee, it was beautiful and I think its were I want us to go when John retires from the Army. But we got into the hotel and decided to go out to eat. It was a local place that the hotel recommended. Once of those fancy places that requires reservations...not the kind of place you take a 6 1/2 month old infant. The food was incredible (and Ally did fine, not a peep but to giggle at the waiter) but it was pricey. On the way back we got lost so we stopped and bought a TomTom. Sunday we spent the day with John's family and had a great time visiting and talking. I have been really blessed in my in-laws, I have been accepted as a member of the family since the beginning and I really do get along well with them. Monday we got up, went to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. Neither one of us have been and we really enjoyed it. Ally especially, she loves music and seems to like all kinds. They had just opened the Family Tradition exhibit (Hank and Hank Jr) and it was very enjoyable. Next we went to some cheesy wax musuem, and then wonder of wonders John got me to go to the Bass Pro Shop. We also did build a bear for Ally and ate at the Rainforest Cafe. The staff at BABW laughed but Ally picked her own bear and outfit. We actually picked 2 and then let her choose between them (whichever she touched first was what we went with). Tuesday we did the Zoo, Ally liked the meerkats and we ate at Hard Rock cafe that night. So several good meals and a few good drinks.

I don't want to apologize to our family because we now have so many new inside jokes. I think this has been the first time in several years that I have been able to sit back and really relax and be able to not worry and obsess. I am so glad we went and maybe now that I know that I can relax and not be in control of everything I look forward to the next vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.