Wow 7 months. Seven months ago I was laying in a hospital bed on Fort Benning. I had been in one stage of labor or another for 21 hours. I was tired, cranky, fat, and hurting. I had been poked, proded, probed, patted, rubbed, stuck and in general just annoyed. And I had 3 hours to go. An hour later I started pushing. Two hours later I was being wheeled into the OR for a C Section. Two hours later, once I woke up, I was holding my baby girl in my arms.
After many sleepless nights spent walking the floor with her and praying or sitting in the chair rocking Ally...I am amazed at how quickly time has flown by. No longer is she small enough to lay on my chest and sleep, now she wants to sit in my lap and pull my hair. She wants to try crawl instead of me carrying her, I can only hold her like a baby at her morning feeding and to rock her to sleep. But she looks at me and flashes those two bottom teeth and my heart melts and my eyes fill with tears just like it did on a January night seven months ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.